I am a busy gal. When I am not here, you’ll find me on one of my other three sites…one of which just happens to be a food blog. I have two growing boys so as you can imagine, I spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I figure while I am cooking for them, I might as well share some of our favorite recipes along the way.
Everything ties together when you think about it. I look for ways to save money so that I can take all those great products and turn them into fantastic recipes. Naturally, when I find a good product I stick with it. Those are the ones that I use in all of my recipes – they become staples in my kitchen. Country Crock is definitely something that I consider a kitchen staple. I use it in my kitchen constantly.
Did you know that Country Crock now has a new Simple Recipe? You get a delicious spread with a great taste that comes from real ingredients. The essential fats in Country Crock come from their delicious blend of oils. You’ll also find simple ingredients like purified water and a pinch of salt. The spread is made with real ingredients – that means NO artificial flavors or preservatives and 0 grams trans fats per serving! So you can feel good about using it in your family’s recipes.
I thought I would share one of my family’s favorite recipes using Country Crock – Creamy Fresh Tomato Basil Soup. The vines are full of red ripe tomatoes right now and this is the perfect time to make a big batch of this incredibly addicting soup. Of course what goes better with tomato soup than a warm, buttery grilled cheese sandwich? Be sure to grab your coupons and pick up the new Country Crock and get a fantastic deal at Kroger. We have lots of coupons as well as a great Catalina offer to boot!
Country Crock Catalina
Effective through 9/6
Buy 2+ and get a $1.50 on your next order Catalina
Country Crock 15 oz, $2.84
–$0.55/1 Country Crock® product
-$0.70/1 Country Crock Spread Product, exp. 8/22/15 (SS 07/26/15 #2 R)
-$0.50/1 Country Crock Spread Product, exp. 8/22/15 (RP 07/26/15 #2 R) [Limit 2]
-$0.35/1 Country Crock Spread Product, 07/26 RP (exp 8/22) [Limit 2] As low as $1.39 after coupons and Catalina!
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock, divided
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add one tablespoon of the Country Crock to a large pot and saute the chopped onion and garlic for 2 -3 minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the chicken stock and simmer on medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the basil then use an immersion blender to puree the soup. (You can also use a blender or run through a food mill if desired.)
- In a small pot, melt 2 tablespoons of Country Crock spread over medium low heat and add the 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix to combine and cook the roux for about one minute.
- Add ½ cup of the pureed soup to the roux and whisk together to remove all lumps.
- Spoon/pour the roux into the hot soup and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar then the cream and remove from heat.
I have some great news, one I Heart Kroger reader will win a $50 Kroger gift card!
Entry is simple! You just need to complete the task below. You can get two additional entries…just be sure to leave an an additional comment per task completed (up to three comments). I will choose the winner on Monday 8/31 at 11 pm.
- Tell me your Country Crock secret! Share your best mealtime tips and tricks for your chance to win that big gift card!
- Retweet my recipe on Twitter or share your own mealtime tips & tricks using the #RealCountryCrock.
- Share this recipe/post on Facebook then comment letting me know that you did so.
This post sponsored by Lunchbox. Opinions are 100% my own.