This post is sponsored by Veetee. All comments and opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is this weekend! I am super excited because I know my guys will shower me with hugs, kisses and lots of goodies. It’s one of my favorite days of the year!
On Sunday I have lots of family coming to visit. My mom, my aunt and my brother’s girlfriend will be here. Since they are moms too, there is a lot to celebrate. I already have cards and will get each of them a flowering plant that they can enjoy now and then hopefully plant in their garden to enjoy later as well.
My husband takes on the challenge of feeding everyone so that I get a break from the kitchen. I usually end up helping a little bit just so he doesn’t get in over his head. I try to find easy recipes so that he and the boys can “surprise” us with something tasty. Dinner this weekend will be a low country boil and brunch is typically a tart, pie or casserole.
I have laid out several options and am excited to see which one he chooses. One is this Spinach & Feta Rice Pie. It doesn’t require a ton of ingredients and looks simple to assemble thanks to shortcuts like a packaged filo dough and Veetee Rice.
Veetee rice is a super side dish that’s ready in a flash and is perfect in all your favorite recipes. Simply pop a tray in the microwave and in two minutes you have delicious, perfectly cooked rice. Veetee Dine In is the foolproof way to enjoy rice without the hassle of dirty pans.
If you are looking for a tasty Mother’s Day recipe, pick up some Veetee Rice and try this tasty recipe. Quick, easy and delicious—the perfect combination!
- 1 tray of Veetee Long Grain Rice
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 200g pack of feta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- ½ tsp oregano
- Seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F. Microwave the rice according to pack instructions then set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Crumble in the feta then add the cheddar cheese, seasoning, oregano and cooked rice.
- In a saucepan, add the oil then sauté the spinach leaves until wilted.
- Add the spinach to the egg mixture and thoroughly mix.
- Unravel the filo pastry and start carefully layering it into your ovenproof dish, overlapping the layers to avoid the mixture leaking out. Add the egg mixture, then drape the pastry edges into the middle of the pie to envelop and seal the mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is nicely browned and crisp on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into slices and serving
- Perfect for a light meal, school lunch, picnic lunch and can be enjoyed either hot or cold.