This post is sponsored by King’s Hawaiian. All comments and opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Why not treat mom to great taste and show her how much you care?!
I have the ultimate brunch idea that is sure to please any mom…my Loaded Avocado Chicken Salad on new King’s Hawaiian English Muffins! Yes, you read that correctly…King’s Hawaiian now makes delicious new English muffins! Just like those rolls and buns that you know and love, the new muffins have a flavor that’s irresistible to help make your next meal absolutely delicious. And with two great flavors — Original Hawaiian Sweet and Honey Wheat — they’re sure be your family’s newest favorites.
Just be aware the the new English muffins are only available in select Kroger locations. Folks in the Kroger Cincinnati and Dayton divisions can check the bakery department for both varieties.
While they are the perfect way to start your day, they’re not just for breakfast!
My Loaded Avocado Chicken Salad is the perfect brunch for mom and would be great as a quick lunch or a dinner in a pinch! And the best part is that it’s quick and easy to prepare. If you plan ahead and pick up a rotisserie chicken from the Kroger deli, you can have this tasty meal put together in under 15 minutes.
Grab a few ingredients when you shop and treat mom to a meal that she’ll love!
If you are located in the Kroger Cincinnati division, look for a sampling event at your store :
- Friday, May 7th & Sunday, May 9th from 12:30pm-6:30pm.
- Saturday, May 8th from 10:30am-4:30pm
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 avocados, seeded
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of half a lime
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced
- jalapeño hot sauce
- 4 King's Hawaiian English Muffins, toasted
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl and mix in the onion, lime juice and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the chicken and crumbled bacon
- Serve the chicken salad atop the toasted English muffin.
- Top with the sliced egg and drizzle with the hot sauce.